July 3rd, 2019
DENVER -- Katherine Davis couldn't believe it when she opened her front door Wednesday night and saw the the bushes out front and the side of her garage engulfed in flames. She was paralyzed with fear. The 70-year old Montbello resident told Denver7 she had just walked out of her bathroom and noticed a bright red glow in the window. "I thought, what's happening," she said, "then I heard a big boom." When Davis opened her front door, she saw the hedge, and her SUV, engulfed in flames, and fire licking at the exterior walls of her garage. "They were were just blazing," she said. Three good Samaritans helped get her out of her house, past the burning bushes, to safety. On Friday, Davis's eyes welled with tears as she recounted the rescue effort. "I want to thank the people who got me out," she said, "because I might have gotten burned if they hadn't been there."